|New & Used Wheelchair Lifts - Home Elevators - Ramps & Ramp Systems
Wheelchair Rental Denver - Wheelchair Ramp Rental
Portable Trus-T-Lift™ can be there when you need it to make your
school, theatre, or church accessible to everyone.
Festival planners, church committees, education facilities and sporting events can use portable platform lifts as part of
their accessibility strategy.This way, individuals who rely on the use of a wheelchair, scooter or assisted walking device
can safely and comfortably access these areas as needed while the facility can more easily have access flexibility.
*Please note: portable applications are limited to a lift height of 52in and 550lb lift capacity for safety reasons.
Please review RAM’s guidance on Where a Portable Lift is Acceptable to help you understand usage.
Lightweight materials make transport easy.
Trus-T-Lift™ Portable platform lifts are lightweight and sit on wheels that can be unlocked for easy transport. These
features help to move portable lifts to and from multiple locations. Just store it away when it’s not in use.
RAM Manufacturing believes in adhering to the highest standards of safety in mechanics and technology.
For product specifications and any questions you may have regarding portable lifts, please feel free to contact us.
We are here to help.
Although a portable vertical platform lift is not governed by any specific safety code (to our knowledge at the time of writing)
they do exist and, in the opinion of RAM, they fill a need for some applications where a permanent solution is not really
practical or required. In many cases these applications are indeed for public/ commercial uses rather than private
RAM continuously tries to ensure safe use of our products and the following points should be considered when evaluating
whether a portable Trus-T-Lift™ is a good fit for your application.
- A portable unit can only be used in circumstances where the travel height required is less than 52in. We limit it this
way as we feel this is an acceptable range to ensure stability with the load at the elevated position.
- The minimum travel height a Portable Trus-T-Lift™ can be used for is 24in. This is due to the upper toe plate ramp
extension being automatic so that a user can get off easily at the top landing. Standard Trus-T-Lift™ units for
permanent installation can have travels as small as 4in.
- The load you can lift is limited to 550lb capacity. Again, this is for stability and safety even though the portable design
contains components that are rated to a working capacity of 750lb and tested to far more than that.
- The intended use is for the lift to be move in place for a specific need or event and returned to storage after that
use, it is not intended to have the lift sit in one place for an extended period of time.
- You should not simply be looking for a way to avoid paying for permits, inspections, and other related costs for a
commercial lift that will stay in one place for long periods.
Examples of cases where a portable Trus-T-Lift™ makes sense (from our perspective) are:
- School, Church and community center gyms/ stage environments where they have limited space and only expect to
use the lift a few times a year and then frequently store it while the space is used for other purposes
- Temporary structures at banquet halls where a stage structure is not a permanent fixture
- Buildings where several locations may be required (still on an infrequent basis) and they do not want to install
several lifts but simply roll the portable out of storage to the required location when needed
In Addition, the Portable Trus-T-Lift™ can be equipped with as many safety features as required by any local authority and
RAM counsels anyone who is intending to use this lift that they should check with local authorities prior to purchase to
ensure they are not going to encounter resistance.
Where is a Portable Trus-T-Lift™ VPL